8.08.2012

Here we go again!

So, for the past 3 years and 10 months I was in love.  I think.  But, now that's over and it's time to start again.  Weird, no?  The truth is I'm pretty excited.  Don't get me wrong, it's sad.  I mean, I lost my best friend, my support pillar, and a ton of crafty inside jokes.  Such is life and I'm a girl that can find the positive in anything.

So, how does this work again?  Truth - I've never been very good at dating.  My heart is hanging off my sleeve with one tattered thread and anyone can pull it off, toss it to the ground and smash it. That has to change. This time around I'm going to be smart, logical, realistic and picky.  I'm going to be incredibly picky with any suitors I spend my valuable time with.  In business I am known for being the level-headed problem solver so I need to bring that to my dating game.

The plan:

Dating Sites - never been a huge fan.  However, this is a different time we live in.  I'm not gonna meet my Mr. Right, or my Mr. Christian Grey for that matter, at church on Sunday or at the county fair.  We live in a busy world and I like to be busy.  I have a career to be proud of and I'm not willing to sacrifice it hunting for mates.  So dating sites it is.  Fast, efficient, and fast. I'm trying POF (that's Plenty Of Fish for you amateurs) at the recommendation of a trusted friend and fellow successful-women-no-time-for-nonsense lady.  You can find her at JD...Maybe? if you'd like a good read.

Dates - Dating sites don't really work unless you actually go ON the dates, or so I'm told.  Truth, I'm shy.  You'd never guess that to meet me, but I am.  Or I was! Not anymore.  Time to be confident and self-assured (again like I would in my professional life) because that's exactly what I want from a suitor.  It may be easier to flirt via email for weeks and weeks but that's not going to give me any good memories.  *wink*

Me - I've had a couple months now to evaluate my failed relationship and get over it.  One thing I realized quickly was me.  Relationships take compromise and sacrifice and that's what I did.  I don't regret this, however, it's time to focus on me.  Now is the time to be selfish and make sure my needs are met before any other.  Someday I'll be ready to go back into "compromise, sacrifice, relationship" mode,  but for the moment, it is all about me.

Misc. - I'm ready for this to be difficult and complicated, but I'm also ready for fun and great stories for my not-single friends.  Like I said, I'm excited!  Not just for meeting new people and potential great guys, but I'm excited to learn more about me,  'cause I'm selfish...for now.

2 comments:

JD-Maybe said...

WELCOME BACK DISNEY!

I did not know Unfaithful was your favorite movie...it is my #2!!! Crazy! We were meant to be!

D said...

Unfaithful is my "home alone and it's almost bedtime" movie. Captain America runs a close second... Take that as you wish. :)