8.09.2012

There are sharks in the water!

So I've officially been a member of Plenty of Fish for less than 12 hours and I have already received over 40 emails. I am excited, flattered, and afraid to leave the house. At first, I thought it was my witty profile and then I realized half of them were sent before my profile was even complete... [See said profile here.] So I have named these guys the "sharks."

Sharks - the guys that email every new female user assuming she will be so naive and desperate that she'll jump at the slightest attention and in turn jump on him.

Well, not this one, you teethy creatures. I saw you coming from my tower. I don't care for sharks in the ocean and I most certainly don't want to join them for drinks.

Which brings me to another excellent point - Dating at thirty is much different than dating at twenty, and by different, I mean better.  Twenty year old Disney would probably have jumped into these shark infested waters and been eaten alive.  Thirty year old Disney, however, has learned the ease and comfort of the DELETE button. Amen.

2 comments:

JD-Maybe said...

The "Cut and Paste" approach is quite common. The sharks send out mass emails that all say the same exact thing and I delete immediately.

If they specifically mention words like "blender" or "spank me" then you know they really read it... ;)

D said...

I'm afraid my "blender" metaphor is only popular with the ladies. Guys just cannot believe we're not as obsessed with the appliance as they are.