8.21.2012

UPDATES

So, as you know, I've been drawn to online dating.  I have to say it is just as tedious as real life dating and don't let anyone tell you different. So, here are my reviews:

POF - So far my fav. I have chatted with two likable guys... and a dozen that were not so likable. One is very interesting (you've heard of him before) and his messages are the ones I most look forward to.  The other is nice and cute, but lacks the wit to keep my attention.  I have responded many times with one word replies, and I'm a talker by nature.  I'm trying to stay open-minded so I'll continue but things better pick up fast.  The aforementioned is still the favorite thus far. I think may know more about him than any guy I have actually dated, and we've never even met.  There's a safety when you're behind a screen that allows people to open up, I guess, because I've shared more than I planned to as well.  Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, so I'll keep you posted.

Match.com - Bust. I don't know what it is about these guys but I failed to find even one that sparked any interest.  Wait, there was one, but that interest was minimal and short-lived. Account deleted.

BondageMatch - I forgot my password and can't get in... typical Disney.

BDSMSingles - All the guys here are really old and unattractive.  I understand that a trained Dom is probably going to be at least older than myself, but 67? That's pushing it. They're also not cute and/or interesting.  I get a lot of, "Are you interested in me?" and "When would you like to be tamed?" Don't get me wrong, Disney needs some taming, but at least ask my name first, geez. I get that it's a different type of relationship but some level of intimacy is required before I'll let someone tie me up and have their way with me. I don't think that's too much to ask.  It's probably time to bow out of the "scene" as clearly it's not what I'm looking for.

POF is the winner thus far. Can I add "bedroom submissive" to my "interests," or do we think that's a bad idea? Yea, bad idea. I'll give POF a little more time and see what happens. It has only been three weeks. Am I impatient, or what?

Oh, and then there is real-life dating. My friend B wants to set me up with her friend, but to be honest (sorry B) he wears really short shorts. I can't handle hipster because they confuse me. Where are the normal, single, straight, and unattached men (within my age range)? Where do they hide? Maybe I should join a club or something... thoughts?

XOXO

No comments: