9.08.2012

My how things have changed:

This morning I woke up and decided my bed needed redecorating.  This is a bed I shared with the Ex, so any remnant of him needs to be removed. Maybe it's a girl thing, but I'm convinced removing his energy will make my bed seem more welcoming to new-and-improved partners. So I got new sheets, a new comforter, new pillows, etc. Hell, I may even get a whole new bed.

Anyway, this activity led me to start thinking about how my life has changed over the last few months from being "in a relationship" to "single."

1.) I don't get hugs on a regular basis.  I've never been much of a "hugger" but I have a new appreciation for the contact now that it's not a norm in my everyday life.

2.) I can eat what I want. I never have to ask, "Well, what do you want?" and then spend 20 minutes debating back and forth while my stomach eats itself. This also goes for, "What do you want to do?" and "Where do you want to go?" I make the decisions now.

3.) I work out more. Well... I work out. I didn't have "time" before, ya know, cause I was busy being the perfect girlfriend. Now I have not only time, but the ambition to get back the sic body I had when I met the Ex. How do guys always make us fat? Oh, they live off beer and chicken wings. I digress.

4.) I pay for massages - because no one else is going to do it. Except maybe the homeless guy that sleeps in the trash room, but I haven't quite gotten that desperate.

5.) I see my friends more. I guess this is pretty normal, but I hate that it took a break-up to make that happen. I'll be more careful next time.

6.) I buy condoms. Not that I have any need for them *yawn* but I'm a safety girl and single girls should just keep those things around. By the way, has anyone bought condoms lately? Can we talk about the variety here? I was overwhelmed by the different brands, colors, styles and.... objectives. I just grabbed the purple box and called it a day.

7.) I wear make-up. Suddenly, the need to look appealing is greater now that my next great love may be waiting for me at the dry-cleaner. I can't remember the last time I wore make-up to go to Kmart - before this morning I mean.

8.) I write this blog. I missed this blog. My ambitions in general have increased. I mean I've always been overly ambitious (I'm a Virgo) but I have more motivation now that I don't have an Ex mocking my asinine ideas. Juicing is good for you, dammit.

9.) I don't sleep as much. Or at least, I don't spend as much time in bed. You get it...

10.) My room is always clean. There are no stupid boy clothes strewn about. Everything is neatly in it's place just how I like it. AND the toilet seat is always down. Always.



No comments: